Finding Authorized spaces
- Drivers are responsible for finding an authorized parking space. Please refer to campus maps if you are unsure of where to park.
- Parking registration signifies an individual has been granted the privilege of parking on campus property.
- All vehicles that may be driven to campus would need to be registered on your "My Parking Account". Multiple vehicles under your "My Parking Account" may not be on campus at the same time
In general, it is prohibited to park:
- without a valid vehicle parking registration except at designated student parking meters.
- in reserved spaces without the proper parking registration/authorization.
- in "NO PARKING" areas.
- in a handicapped space without a valid handicapped permit displayed.
- blocking fire lanes, fire exits or within 20 feet of a fire hydrant.
- in loading zones unless actually loading/unloading with proper authorization.
- on the sidewalk, crosswalk or parking lot driveways.
- on campus roadways except at unexpired meters (non-metered spaces require proper vehicle registration/authorized location or area).
- on or over painted lines in parking areas.
- outside of striped parking stalls.
- at an expired meter.
- in areas where parking registration is not valid.
- in the administrative/visitor's lot if you are a registered student or an employee without an assigned space.
- in any area in which the parking of the motor vehicle may impede ingress to or egress from any building by any pedestrian or authorized vehicle.
It is also prohibited to leave a vehicle on campus between the hours of 12 am and 6 am without authorization from the Public Safety Department.
Adding additional vehicles for students as your own vehicles is forbidden.
The Department of Public Safety is authorized to restrict use of parking spaces on a temporary basis to accommodate special meetings, activities or construction.
You are responsible for parking violations on all registered vehicles listed on your "My Parking Account" during the current semester.
No vehicle shall be operated:
- at a speed in excess of 30 miles per hour, or where otherwise posted at a speed in excess of such posted speed limit and/or
- in a reckless or careless manner or a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing and/or
- with disregard to any traffic sign, signal, and/or pavement markings and/or
- on any sidewalk, pedestrian walkway or lawn.
Effective September 2003, a Fine-Based Violation of the Vehicle Traffic program was implemented. Penalties for these violations were established which includes fines of $60.00, $120.00, $150.00 and disciplinary referrals.
- Disabled college community members with mobility impairment should contact the Parking Services Office (Building 21, Room 140) by calling (585) 292-2700 to discuss special permits and specific parking instructions.
- Handicapped parking is restricted to the exclusive use of vehicles displaying a valid handicapped permit and a valid parking registration (unless parked at a meter). Unauthorized vehicles are subject to ticketing and towing at the owners expense.
Please refer to the "Parking for Persons with a Disability" page for information on accessible parking.