Listed below are penalties for violating the Monroe County Parking Program at Monroe Community College parking regulations. Failure to pay any citation will result in your vehicle being towed or impounded and preclude you from receiving your diploma until all fines have been paid. Additionally, a hold will be placed on your student records/transcripts for any outstanding fines owed to the college.
Parking regulations are in effect 7 days a week, year round, including break weeks, holidays and weekends. Scheduled enforcement is listed on all parking lots throughout the campus. Parking regulations related to resident housing restrictions are in effect and are located in the housing handbook.
Public Safety and the Parking Office may issue citations at other times as deemed necessary to provide a safe and orderly environment. The College is under no obligation to mark all areas where parking is prohibited. It is the responsibility of the vehicle operator to park in accordance with the regulations. Lack of signs does not imply lack of enforcement.
Citations issued for parking violations identify the type of violation and the amount due. Students and employees who accumulate parking violations without making payments are subject to immobilization and/or placement with a collection agency. Violations issued to unregistered vehicles belonging to immediate family members of a current or former employee or student are the responsibility of a current or former student or employee.
All violations are valid and must be paid unless they have been adjusted through the appeals process. Do not delay taking immediate action on a citation. Contact the Parking Office immediately for clarification of a violation and the next steps to be taken. Any citation not appealed within 15 days of the citation date is deemed valid and must be paid. All rights to appeal a citation are null and void after 15 days. Constant violation of rules and regulations may result in the following:
- Withholding of transcripts
- Denial of diploma
- Towing/impounding of the vehicle
- Disciplinary action via Student Services
Note: Checks are payable to Monroe Community College. Include the violation number and/or your Student ID Number on the check to insure proper credit. Fines mailed should be sent to:
Monroe Community College
Monroe County Parking Program
1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, N.Y. 14623-5780
Restricted Space Violation - $75
- Handicapped space
- Fire zone
Sign violations - $45
- Bus stop
- Tow-away zone
- Reserved spaces
- No parking
- Loading zone
Obstructions - $45
- Obstructing traffic
- Blocking driveway
- Blocking intersection
- Blocking dumpster
- Double parking
- Blocking crosswalk
Careless Parking - $45
- On or along roadways or driving lanes unless directed to do so
- Not parked within marked space
- On sidewalk
- On grass unless directed to do so
Registration Violations - $25
- Not registered
- Registration not valid for area
- Illegal registered vehicle
- Expired parking registration
General - $25
- Expired meter (with or without a valid parking registration)
- Overnight between 12 A.M. and 6 A.M. unless approved in advance by the Public Safety Department
Immobilized/Booted Vehicle - $50.00
|Rate of Increase ||Fine Type 1 ||Fine Type 2 ||Fine Type 3 |
|Initial Fine ||$25.00 ||$45.00 ||$75.00 |
|After 15 days ||$35.00 ||$55.00 ||$95.00 |
|After 60 days ||$55.00 ||$75.00 ||$115.00 |
|After 75 days ||$75.00 ||$95.00 ||$135.00 |
After 90 days, a $5 administrative fee is added to each outstanding ticket and will result in the account being forwarded to a collection agency. A hold will be placed on the student's account for transcripts and receiving diploma until the balance is paid in full.
Parking Enforcement and the Public Safety Department are authorized to remove, impound or immobilize motor vehicles from/on college property at the owner's/operator's expense under the following circumstances:
- Vehicles parked illegally in fire lanes, handicapped, within 20 feet of hydrants, posted no parking, tow-away zones, in possession of an altered or stolen parking permit, and any area in which the vehicle may impede entrance to or exit from any building, grounds or roadway by any pedestrian or authorized vehicle.
- Unregistered, uninsured or abandoned vehicles
- For safety reasons, including snow removal
- Any vehicle with one or more unsatisfied parking citations charged against it
Impounded vehicles will be held until all outstanding citations and charges have been satisfied. Impounded vehicles will not be left on campus overnight and will be towed off campus for safekeeping at the owners/operators expense. After 24 hours, storage charges will apply.