Freedom Scientific: ZOOMTEXT, JAWS, OR FUSION
Current students can download Fusion, ZoomText, or JAWS for free on their personal computer. Users can only download one of the following programs on their computer:
- ZoomText: An integrated reading and magnification program. Users will be able to enlarge and enhance everything on their screen.
- JAWS: A screen reader that allows the users to navigate their computer screen.
- Fusion: Users have the ability to access the screen magnifier, ZoomText, and the screen reader, JAWS, all in one software program.
- For further information, visit the Freedom Scientific website.
Enter your MCC student email account to download the program on your personal computer.
- Users will be required to identify if they want to download ZoomText, JAWS, or Fusion.
- Type in "magnifier" in the search toolbar by the start menu.
- The program will automatically open a toolbar for immediate use.
- Select the "Apple menu".
- Select the "System Preferences".
- Open the "Accessibility Panel".
- Click on the "Zoom" tab on the left hand side of the page.
- On the Desktop, click the "Accessible Resources" folder.
- Double click on the ZoomText program.
- Seeking Assistant Magnifier
- VocalEyes AI
- Talking Calculator
- Talking Scientific Calculator